Cough can be very persistent and bothersome and can last for a very long time in both children and adults. When it comes to children, natural plant-based syrups are most commonly consumed, but even though the label says all ingredients are natural, there is always at least one unknown ingredient.
The best cough syrup is the one you make it by yourself , containing natural ingredients found in almost every household. You can prepare it in the easiest possible way and it will take a very short time for its preparation. The main ingredients are honey, dried sage and lemon juice.
This syrup not only does it relieve persistent cough and helps curing sore throat it also acts as an antipyretic due to sage’s antibacterial properties.
Sage is considered to be one of the most healing plants on the planet. Its Latin name is Salvia officinalis. The name’s origin is derived from the word “salvare” which means “save” or “heal”.
Sage is definitely one of the plants everyone should have at their disposal at home as part of their first aid kit.It has antibacterial and antifungal activities. It soothes, refreshes, invigorates, and helps in treating pain and fever.
This plant is an excellent tool for blood filtering and mucus release from the body. It strengthens the cardiovascular system, stimulates circulation and acts against inflammation and bleeding.
Studies have shown that sage can lower the levels of glucose in the blood, which makes it useful in fighting diabetes. It has recently been shown that sage improves memory and is effective against Alzheimer’s disease.
Due to its strong antiseptic effects, it is used against canker sores, bad breath, sore throat and tonsil problems, tooth decay and gum inflammation. If youhave some of these problems gargle sage tea.
- 7 oz / 200 grams of raw honey
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of dried sage
Method of Preparation:
- Mix all of the ingredients and put them over water vapor.
- Fill the bottom pot with water and then place another pot in it filled with the mixture.
- Cover the upper pot with a lid or dish.
- Do not put away the pot from the fire after the water in the lower pot starts to boil. Instead, let it boil for another 5 minutes.
- This amount of time will be just enough for the mixture in the upper pot to be well warmed up.
- Remove the mixture away from the fire and wrap it in something warm for 20 minutes or store it in a thermos for 20 minutes.
- Strain the mixture and pour it into a clean glass bottle or bowl.
How To Use it:
Children should consume 1 teaspoon of this syrup 3 to 4 times a day. Adults should take 1 tablespoon of the syrup 3 to 4 times a day.
The syrup can be refrigerated for several months. This means you can prepare a larger quantity of this medicine without worrying that it will go bad.
This syrup tastes delicious it’s healthy and effective! It’s worth trying!
Join 925,000 others and start your day with the latest news from health awareness to home remedies and weight loss.